Terms & Conditions
What we require from you?
- Full U.K. Driving Licence (Plastic Photo Card)
- £250 Deposit (Debit or Credit Card)
- Proof of Address (Bank Statement or utility bill no older than 3 months)
- National Insurance Number or DVLA Beta Check Code
Terms of Hire
- You are aged between 25 – 70
- Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last 5 years + no disqualifications in the last 7 years
- Our vehicles are not to be taken outside of England, Scotland or Wales
- A deposit of £250 is required on all vehicles
- We require a minimum of 24 hour’s notice, before cancellation. If less than 24 hours’ notice is provided, you will be subject to 1 day’s charge for the hire of the vehicle
Our full Terms and Conditions in Brief
1. Your Contract with us
When you sign the rental agreement form you accept the conditions set out in this rental agreement.
Please read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please ask any member of staff at the place you rented the vehicle from.
2. Rental period
You will have the vehicle, for the rental period shown within the rental agreement. We may agree to extend, this rental period but this is at the discretion of Castle Van Hire Ltd.
If you do not bring the vehicle back on time, you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We as the owners of the vehicle, can charge you for every day or part day, that you have the vehicle. We can continue to charge you, until you return the vehicle to us. The charge will be at the daily rate, that we have advertised through our website.
3. Your responsibilities
a) It is your responsibility to look after the vehicle and the keys for the vehicle. It is your responsibility to make sure that the vehicle is always locked, when you are not using it. It is your responsibility to ensure that you use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle in the case of bad weather, and prevent any possible damage where you can. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel. You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle, caused by hitting any objects, such as bridges or low branches.
b) You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You are not in a position to give anyone, any legal rights over the vehicle.
c) in the case of any work being required with regards to the vehicle. You are not in a position to provide anybody with the permission to work on the vehicle. If the vehicle requires work, you must seek the permission of Castle Van Hire. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund, if you have a receipt for the work.
d) It is your responsibility to let us know about any faults that you are aware of, with the vehicle as soon as you possibly can.
e) You must bring the vehicle back to the place that you have taken it from, during the opening hours displayed at that place. One of our staff members must inspect the vehicle to ensure, that it is in good condition or the condition in which you first took the vehicle. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition, until it is re-inspected by a member of our staff.
f) If the vehicle requires repairs, you are financially liable for these repairs if:
– the vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning);
– you have damaged the inside of the vehicle.
g) Before you return the vehicle, it is your responsibility to check that you have not left any of your personal belongings in the vehicle. We cannot be held liable for your belongings.
4. Our responsibilities
It is our responsibility to ensure that we have maintained the vehicle to the manufacturers recommended standards at the very least. It is also our responsibility to ensure that the vehicle that you hire, is roadworthy and suitable for rental purposes. We are responsible for any losses caused as a consequence of:
- The vehicle not living up to our description of it.
- The vehicle not being fit to drive;
We are only responsible for any loss or damage to property left in the vehicle, if the loss or damage is as a result of the negligence of Castle Van Hire Ltd.
5. Conditions for using the vehicle
The vehicle can only be driven by the drivers named on the rental agreement or anybody else that Castle Van Hire and their insurers authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving license.
You or any other authorised driver must not:
– use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
– use the vehicle for racing, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or t t. teaching someone to drive;
– use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
– drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland or Wales, unless we have given you written permission;
– overload the vehicle;
– if the vehicle is a commercial vehicle, use it for a purpose for which you need an operator’s license, if you do not have one.
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS, ARE NOT CLEAR THEN PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US ON 01926505025 OR 0121 271 0255 AND WE SHALL DO OUR BEST TO CLARIFY ANY ISSUES FOR YOU.
LONG TERM RENTALS AVAILABLE!
Call today and find out our flexible long term rental options